Re: PostGres Doubt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: PostGres Doubt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:46:47AM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:
> I should apologize for being rather harsh about embedded SQL for
> PostgreSQL.

Also about being harsh about the people? Okay, apologies accepted.

> I actually spent a great deal of effort trying to write some tools using
> the PostgreSQL version of ECPG, and found fatal flaws that threw away a

Which ones? If it's just SQLDA, this is pretty well documented. Yes, the
feature is missing, but we all have only limited time for postgresql
work.

> A reentrant version of ECPG that uses SQLCA and SQLDA like Oracle or Rdb
> or DB/2 or any of the professional database systems.

The last time I used Oracle it used SQLCA in a very similar way as ECPG
does.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes