Re: PostGres Doubt - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: PostGres Doubt
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 11:00:26AM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:
> Or run concurrent queries queries at the same time?  Or later discover
> the need to do so?

I didn't say multi-threading is bad. I just don't think your answer
helped him much.

> I posted the problems to this list long ago.  I wanted to use ECPG and
> discovered it was a joke.  Do a search through the list and you will
> find a half dozen complaints.

If you use this kind of language I wonder if anyone ever reacted on any
complaint you send.

> Then why not do it.  I looked at doing it myself, but the implementation

Gotta like that attidude. Did you read aynthing about us not wanting to
make ecpg multi-threaded?

> of embedded SQL is totally nonstandard and uses global structures and

What's that about? Our parser is nonstandard? Please if you expect any
more answers, how about adding some facts and not just talking badly
about people.

> > Oh great! Talking about valuable comments. Ever bothered to
> > even ask if
> > they are using triggers, constraints, etc. before coming with such a
> > proposal?
>
> I would assume that they would use their brain.

Why? You don't use it either. I'm sorry, but I cannot stand this kind of
behaviour.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes