Re: execute permissions of stored procedures? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From eric@datalink.nl
Subject Re: execute permissions of stored procedures?
Date
Re: execute permissions of stored procedures?  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 05:12:42PM +0100, Helge Bahmann wrote:
> - if your data integrity and consistency constraints cannot easily be
> expressed in relational terms, a relational database may not be the best
> tool to solve your problem

I don't see a real difference between a grant on a table, view or sequence and
a procedure.  Grants have NOTHING to do at all with ANY of the relations in the
database, so if this is your point of view the grants shouldn't exist AT ALL.
But it seems that nody on this is willing to understand what I want or why I
want it, so in one thing you are correct, PostgreSQL is definitely not the
databse for me. It is useless to explain something to someone who simply
doesn't want to understand you. It seems that I have to use a real database
like Oracle after all.

Signing off frm this mailinglist.

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl

Attachment