Function pg_pconnect do not work in FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-php

From re ert
Subject Function pg_pconnect do not work in FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-php
From:             matlab21@yahoo.es
Operating system: FreeBSD
PHP version:      4.0.6 (and 4.1)
Bug description:  function pg_pconnect do not work in
FreeBSD
Operative System: FreeBSD

Hello everybody.

I am using FreeBSD+Apache+PHP+Postgres.
By now, I'm using the newest versions:

- FreeBSD 4.4
- Apache_1.3.22
- PHP-4.0.6 ( now, I have proved 4.1 and I have the
same problem)
- Postgresql-7.1.3

I use the same three last components in Linux ans
SunOS and I have not any problems. I always try to
compile from source, I always make the same
instructions and in FreeBSD, PHP can not connect with
PostgreSQL.

I install everything with:

tar xvzf postgresql-7.1.3.tar.ga
cd postgresql-7.1.3
./configure && make && make install
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
postmaster -F -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &

Now postgres is running.

tar xvzf apache_1.3.22.tar.gz
cd apache_1.3.22
./configure
cd ..
tar xvzf php-4.0.6.tar.gz
cd php-4.0.6
./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql/
--without-mysql
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --enable-track-vars
make
make install

cd ../apache_1.3.22
./configure --enable-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
make
make install

Edit /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf to make use of
PHP

Start apache
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

In this moment I have apache listening in port 80 and
postgres in 5432 ( I know this using ps -e  and nmap
localhost).

In this moment apache works, PHP works. I can see the
simple script <?php phpinfo(); ?> with no problems.
But I can not connect to PostgreSQL database ( tried
connect and pg_pconnect functions). After a while
apperas this message:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
connectDBStart() --
connect() failed: No route to host Is the postmaster
running (with -i)
at
'localhost' and accepting connections on TCP/IP port
5432? in /usr/home/pfc/phplib/php/db_pgsql.inc on line
47
Database error: Link-ID == false, pconnect failed
PostgreSQL Error: 0 ()
Session halted.

I can sure you that postgres is running and I iniciate
postmaster with the '-i' flag. In the file
/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_dba.conf I have the
following:

local  all           trust
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 trust
host all 192.168.99.1 255.255.255.0 trust

NOTE: 192.168.99.1 is the server's IP.

I can sure I have installed apache-php-postgres in
linux and SunOS with the same method and here work
well. I do not know why PHP can not comunicate
with PostgreSQL using FreeBSD.

I also try to install from ports, but I have the same
problem.

Thanks a lot for.

I am pleased if anyone could solvent this problem.
If there is anyone who want contact me (for telling
more details, ... )
No doubt write to: matlab21@yahoo.es

Xevi Serrats.

NOTE: excuse me, english isn't my native language.