Re: Function pg_pconnect do not work in FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Marco Colombo
Subject Re: Function pg_pconnect do not work in FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-php
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, [iso-8859-1] re ert wrote:

> From:             matlab21@yahoo.es
> Operating system: FreeBSD
> PHP version:      4.0.6 (and 4.1)
> Bug description:  function pg_pconnect do not work in
> FreeBSD
> Operative System: FreeBSD
>
> Hello everybody.

[...]
> In this moment apache works, PHP works. I can see the
> simple script <?php phpinfo(); ?> with no problems.
> But I can not connect to PostgreSQL database ( tried
> connect and pg_pconnect functions). After a while
> apperas this message:

Please, post the parameters you pass to pg_pconnect(). "after a while"
means that there's seems to be a kind of (network) timeout, I guess?

> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
> connectDBStart() --
> connect() failed: No route to host Is the postmaster
> running (with -i)
> at
> 'localhost' and accepting connections on TCP/IP port
> 5432? in /usr/home/pfc/phplib/php/db_pgsql.inc on line
> 47
> Database error: Link-ID == false, pconnect failed
> PostgreSQL Error: 0 ()
> Session halted.
>
> I can sure you that postgres is running and I iniciate
> postmaster with the '-i' flag. In the file
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_dba.conf I have the
> following:
>
> local  all           trust
> host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 trust
> host all 192.168.99.1 255.255.255.0 trust
>
> NOTE: 192.168.99.1 is the server's IP.

Does psql work?

$ PGUSER=<user> psql -h localhost <database>

where <user> is the user you're passing to pg_pconnect(), or the user
the apache daemon runs with. <database> is of course the database
you're tring to [p]connect to.

Also try:

$ PGUSER=<user> psql -h 192.168.99.1 <database>

Both should work. If not, your problem is either with the postgres
server or the networking  of the system (it may even caused by IP filter
rules - or by a misconfigured resolver).

> I can sure I have installed apache-php-postgres in
> linux and SunOS with the same method and here work
> well. I do not know why PHP can not comunicate
> with PostgreSQL using FreeBSD.
>
> I also try to install from ports, but I have the same
> problem.
>
> Thanks a lot for.
>
> I am pleased if anyone could solvent this problem.
> If there is anyone who want contact me (for telling
> more details, ... )
> No doubt write to: matlab21@yahoo.es
>
> Xevi Serrats.
>
> NOTE: excuse me, english isn't my native language.

.TM.
--
     /      /       /            Marco Colombo