Re: Best practice for international addresses - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Frank Bax
Subject Re: Best practice for international addresses
Date
List pgsql-php
I was looking at Cart software on the weekend and found that "The Exchange
Project" used an "address format" table:

# 1 - Default, 2 - USA, 3 - Spain, 4 - Singapore
1 $firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $postcode$cr$statecomma$country
2 $firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state    $postcode$cr$country
3 $firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$postcode - $statecomma$country
4 $firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city ($postcode)$cr$country

The country table (and every table containing an address) had a field to
indicate which address format to use.

Frank