Re: FTI Queries and Explain (long) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordan Bobic
Subject Re: FTI Queries and Explain (long)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 18 Oct 2001 19:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Is there anything in the pipeline for addressing FTI in the next
> > version of PostgreSQL?
>
> There is a completely new contrib module 'tsearch' that will probably
> supersede FTI over time.  I haven't looked at it closely myself, though.

I've just read the README for it, and it looks like it is a bit closer to
what I need. It's amazing how just before each beta release of PostgreSQL,
I'd find a feature that I REALLY need, which just happens to be implemented
in the next version. I wish other software was like that. ;^)

Thanks for the help.

Gordan