Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: VACUUM vs VACUUM ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:33:06PM -0400, Mark Coffman wrote:
> I know the differences between VACUUM and VACUUM ANALYZE have been discussed
> before, but I'd like to know how you schedule your cleaning jobs.  Right now
> I do a
>
> VACUUM
> VACUUM ANALYZE

vacuum analyze does a vacuum anyway, so you don't need both.

> every hour... it takes about 3 minutes to run both.  Should I run ANALYZE
> less often?

Here we do it once per day, though after a major set of updates i run it
manually. We're not under heavy load though.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/