Re: FTI Queries and Explain (long) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FTI Queries and Explain (long)
Date
List pgsql-general
Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> writes:
> 1) Modify the FTI function to split the text field only at non-alphanumeric
> characters, and only return whole words, rather than substrings of words.

Sure, if that works better for you.  The reason FTI is in contrib is
that it's not really ready for prime time (if it were, it'd be in the
mainline code).  Feel free to hack it to make it match your application
better.

> Is there anything in the pipeline for addressing FTI in the next
> version of PostgreSQL?

There is a completely new contrib module 'tsearch' that will probably
supersede FTI over time.  I haven't looked at it closely myself, though.

            regards, tom lane