Re: --enable-syslog and Solaris 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: --enable-syslog and Solaris 7
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jue 30 Ago 2001 10:35, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a strange problem with syslog and Solaris 7, and I've run
> out of ideas about what might be wrong.
>
> I configure postgres with --enable-syslog, and everything works fine.
> Configure finds syslog, so that's not a problem.  In postgres.conf, I
> have the following:
>
> #
> #       Syslog
> #
> #ifdef ENABLE_SYSLOG
> syslog = 2 # range 0-2
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL1'
> syslog_ident = 'postgres'
> #endif
>
> And, in /etc/syslog.conf, I have
>
> #Postgres logging
>
> local1.*    /opt/OXRS/logs/postgres/pg.log

On Solaris, this those not work!
BTW, why local1? It should be postgres (thats the ident).

Try with postgres.debug (that will give you everything from debug to critic).

> (yes, the whitespace is tabs).
>
> Now, the strange thing is that nothing ever seems to go to the syslog
> daemon.  If I start up syslogd with -d, it never shows anything
> coming from postgres, even though I have logging levels turned up.
> If I redirect the log to both console and logfile, I get lots of
> noise on the console, bit nothing in the file, so I know it's not
> from want of data.

saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?