Re: Is it possible to work with big databases (up to 10Gb) under Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Buttafuoco
Subject Re: Is it possible to work with big databases (up to 10Gb) under Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ivan,

I have 2 databases that are about 400GB each.  Some of the tables have
over 60 Million rows.  The problem area's that I see are vacuum's,
reindexing, dumps and upgrades.

Speed doesn't seem to be an issue for me.  The application was converted
from Oracle.  An application transaction hit between 10 to  20 tables.
Most transactions execute under 1 second.

The systems are Intel P3 500's running RedHat 6.2 with 600G of disk
space and 512M of Ram.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need any more info

Jim