Re: clustering and/or failover? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Buttafuoco
Subject Re: clustering and/or failover?
Date
List pgsql-general
Robert,

I have been running a "heartbeat" PG database cluster for a year now
using a shared SCSI bus.  Yes the heartbeat software has to be careful
about when to mount the disk and on what system.   But this seems to
work well (I did a lot of testing before putting into production.)  This
is a pure master/standby cluster config.

Jim

majordomo@postgresql.org)