Is it possible to work with big databases (up to 10Gb) under Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Babikov
Subject Is it possible to work with big databases (up to 10Gb) under Postgres?
Date
RE: Is it possible to work with big databases (up to 10Gb) under Postgres?  ("Andrew Snow" <andrew@modulus.org>)
List pgsql-general
Hello All!

Maybe this is one of those typical questions, but I have heard people
complaining that Postgres is just for quite small bases, less than 2Gb.

Now, we have to choose a free database engine for an inexpensive branch of
our project and Interbase looks better in sense of capability to work with
quite big bases (up to 10-20Gb). I am not sure that Postgres will work fine
with databases greater than 10Gb. What does All think of it?

Thanks in advance, Ivan Babikoff.