Re: Errors in logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: Errors in logs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:06:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > Seems to usually happen during vacuums. Should I be worried?
>
> Nope.  You're just watching VACUUM notify the other backends that it's
> moving system catalog entries around.

this seems to be new in 7.1 (i don't recall seeing any such
messages in 7.0.3 or earlier).

i can see they say "notice" but the message sure sounds like a
fundamental pillar of the structure is about to collapse:

    NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset
    NOTICE:  RegisterSharedInvalid: SI buffer overflow

tick... tick... tick... but no boom, you say?

--
I'd concentrate on "living in the now" because it is fun
and on building a better world because it is possible.

will@serensoft.com