Re: Errors in logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Errors in logs
Date
List pgsql-general
will trillich <will@serensoft.com> writes:
>> Nope.  You're just watching VACUUM notify the other backends that it's
>> moving system catalog entries around.

> this seems to be new in 7.1 (i don't recall seeing any such
> messages in 7.0.3 or earlier).

You weren't looking closely, then, or weren't exercising the system
in the same fashion.

> i can see they say "notice" but the message sure sounds like a
> fundamental pillar of the structure is about to collapse:

They've been downgraded to "debug" messages in the current sources.

At one time there were enough bugs in the SI buffer overrun code
to make it worth warning people when it was being exercised :-( ...
but I believe we've squashed them all.  There's no reason to pay
attention to these messages any more.

            regards, tom lane