Re: More Red Hat information - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: More Red Hat information
Date
Re: More Red Hat information  (Shaun Thomas <sthomas@townnews.com>)
List pgsql-general

I agree.  How is a person supposed to count the number of users if the database
is being used to support a public dynamic web site?  Is the company supposed to
buy a separate license for every unique IP address that ever hits a dynamic web
page on the site?  I can see licensing per server, or even per CPU, but
licensing any server application per user quickly becomes ridiculous when the
server is supporting any internet application.

martin.chantler%convergys.com@interlock.lexmark.com on 06/26/2001 11:14:13 AM