Re: Text data type doesn't accept newlines? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Text data type doesn't accept newlines?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 09:24:19AM -0400, Randall Perry wrote:
> Just checked the Pg docs, don't see a quote function. What is it part of?

It's part of DBI, a system for connecting Perl to databases. You can use
DBI with Postgres -- but apparently you're not doing this, since you
mentioned you're using Pg.pm (the plain interface to libpq). The
Postgres driver for DBI is called DBD::Pg, BTW -- make sure you don't
get them confused.

So the advice below WRT using 'quote' doesn't apply.

BTW, you might want to checkout DBI -- I find it to be more pleasant to
use than Pg.pm

Cheers,

Neil