Re: date/time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject Re: date/time
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 23:09:26 +0100, snef wrote:
> But I can't seem to get Postgres use European time notation (dd/mm/yyyy).

Do
    SET DATESTYLE TO 'POSTGRES,EUROPEAN'
and use European time notation with hyphens, e.g.
    SELECT * FROM Foo WHERE start >= '31-12-2000'

> Where can I adjust this? (in which file?)

On my system, it's /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init, the "PGDATESTYLE"
setting.

HTH,
Ray
--
LWN normally tries to avoid talking much about Microsoft - it is simply
irrelevant to the free software world most of the time.