Re: Re: [GENERAL] Revised Copyright: is this more palatable?? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: Re: [GENERAL] Revised Copyright: is this more palatable??
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Philip Warner wrote:

> Am I correct in saying that you agree that the GPL is where we should be,
> but you want people to go there of their own free will?

    Right.  Someone  who  doesn't want to make his code "FREE" in
    the entire meaning of this word but want to make it open  for
    any  non-commercial  use  should  choose  it.  IMHO  the  GPL
    includes "this is the one and only truth and  must  propagate
    up  into everything started on something that once went under
    this license". Who am I to restrict my code in that way?  Can
    I see the future?

Jan