Re: Not possible to create 64 bit windows clients ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anders Moe
Subject Re: Not possible to create 64 bit windows clients ?
Date
dumping parts of a database  (Malm Paul <paul.malm@saabgroup.com>)
List pgsql-general
It's true that PostGIS is server side, so that's not really an issue. As far as ODBC is concerned I'm just working from the assumption that a native link is generally preferable. If anyone tells me that the psql ODBC link has the same features/performance that's fine with me.....? :)

Anders

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 09:47:48AM +0100, Anders Moe wrote:
> We're trying to get our 64 bt windows application to use postgresql, which
> means I have to #include stuff from psql and link to 64 bit versions of the
> libs. Which do not seem to exist.
>
> Spesifically I need to get Qt compiled with psql (and eventually  postGIS).

Why does Postgres need to be 64bit, couldn't you go through the windows
ODBC layer if you want 64 bit client support?  Also, isn't PostGIS just
server side and hence you shouldn't have to worry about it client side?

--
 Sam  http://samason.me.uk/