Re: Not possible to create 64 bit windows clients ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Not possible to create 64 bit windows clients ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 01:47:55PM +0100, Anders Moe wrote:
> As far
> as ODBC is concerned I'm just working from the assumption that a native link
> is generally preferable.

You'll get a bit more control, but most of the time that's not needed.

> If anyone tells me that the psql ODBC link has the
> same features/performance that's fine with me.....? :)

It's always worked fine for me, then again I don't pass the most amazing
amount of data through it.  If it's holding you up, I'd suggest trying
it you're going to get a very similar abstraction exposed from libpq so
it shouldn't be too hard to change over if you need to.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/