Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX5.3 : compilation failed  (Alexandra Roy <Alexandra.Roy@bull.net>)
List pgsql-general
> I am trying to compile PostgreSQL 8.3.8 on AIX 5.3 TL9 (64 bits).
> The ".configure" has been executed with success without any
> error but the compilation of PostgreSQL with "gmake" fails.
>
> Please find below the errors I get :
>

>     In file included from psqlscan.c:2385:
>     /usr/include/unistd.h:171: error: conflicting types for 'lseek64'
>     /usr/include/unistd.h:169: error: previous declaration of 'lseek64' was here
>     In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:744,
>                      from psqlscan.c:2385:
[...]
> I read on the PostgreSQL.fr's forum that this error is linked
> to large files in 64 bits system, allowing to read / write
> files of 2 GB and over.
> I also read that I can use the "-disable-largefile" while I
> launched ".configure" but I don't really understand the problem.
> If PostgreSQL can't use such files, except for trace logs,
> why the compilation fails on large files ?

Is this a 32-bit or a 64-bit build?

How exactly did you call configure and make?

After configuring, what do you get when you run
   grep -i large config.log
in the PostgreSQL directory?

And what is the result of
   grep -i large include/pg_config.h