Re: Autentication exceptions in pgsql 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Prakash, Deepthi (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Subject Re: Autentication exceptions in pgsql 8.3
Date
List pgsql-general

Hello,

How can I check that? Should I do any configurations in ident server?

Thanks and Regards,

Deepthi

From: ext Magnus Hagander [mailto:magnus@hagander.net]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:29 PM
To: Prakash, Deepthi (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Autentication exceptions in pgsql 8.3

On Monday, October 24, 2011, Prakash, Deepthi (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:

Hello,

I am  using Postgresql 8.3, I am getting the below authentication  exceptions. I am not able to connect using postgres://mpp:mpp@localhost/mpp

LOG:  provided username (mpp) and authenticated username ([U2FsdGVkX1/4XrEZ3dfREbh66kqWj66oEZjvotlVtqo=]) don't match

FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "mpp"

LOG:  provided username (mpp) and authenticated username ([U2FsdGVkX19aYlj8eW0BPmAZ4Loziuy64Urcd4ZhMOg=]) don't match

This indicate that your auth server returned userid "[U2FsdGVkX19aYlj8eW0BPmAZ4Loziuy64Urcd4ZhMOg=]", which is obviously incorrect. Are you by any chance running with some sort of encryption/hashing in the ident server? That's not supported with PostgreSQL.

If not that, then I'm not sure exactly what it could be - but it's obvious that your ident server is reporting an incorrect username, so you'll need to investigate that one.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/