Re: [HACKERS] change in name of perl? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] change in name of perl?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > The installed name of perl in needed in interfaces/Makefile.  This
> > > seems to have been changed from perl to perl5 sometime between 6.5 and
> > > 6.5.2.  I missed discussion of this, I guess.
> >
> > You mean the directory name was changed?  I don't see any perl-mentioned
> > changes in these releases.
>
> src/interfaces/Makefile:
> -----------
> perl5/Makefile: perl5/Makefile.PL
>     cd perl5 && perl5 Makefile.PL
>
> install-perl5: perl5/Makefile
>     $(MAKE) -C perl5 clean
>     cd perl5 && POSTGRES_HOME="$(POSTGRESDIR)" perl5 Makefile.PL
> -----------
> Should be:
> -----------
> perl5/Makefile: perl5/Makefile.PL
>     cd perl5 && perl Makefile.PL
>
> install-perl5: perl5/Makefile
>     $(MAKE) -C perl5 clean
>     cd perl5 && POSTGRES_HOME="$(POSTGRESDIR)" perl Makefile.PL
> Which is the way it read in 6.5.1, IIANM.  I know that I didn't have to
> patch this in 6.5.1.

Thanks again.

I had applied someone's patch so perl5 would be used, but that broke
many things.  I fixed the current tree to use $(PERL) as defined in
Makefile.global.  I just patched stable the same way.  Please test.
Thanks.

Pennsylvania19026