Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From M Simms
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster  (Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk>)
List pgsql-general
> PostgreSQL, Inc was formed to provide Commercial Support to those
> requiring it...our long term goal is to provide funding for projects that
> are slightly more involved (or less glamorous) then volunteers are
> willing/able to provide.  All code derived from such funding will *always*
> be rolled back into the PostgreSQL cvs repository for everyone to use.

It is a pity that postgresql is not released under the GPL, as that would
ensure all future versions MUST be free, as compared to the current
licence that (as far as I am aware, Im no lawyer) only requires that
versions released free stay free.