Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Parallelizing PostgreSQL for Cluster  (M Simms <grim@argh.demon.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
I'm CCng this back into the list, since this is probably something that is
on other ppls minds as well...

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

> > One of the long-term projects that PostgreSQL, Inc is planning on working
> > on is exactly this
>
> Just curious: Will it still be Open Source, or will it be PostgreSQL,
> Inc only?
>
> I'm not on a religious quest here, just want to know, triggered by the
> "Inc" in your answer.

PostgreSQL, Inc was formed to provide Commercial Support to those
requiring it...our long term goal is to provide funding for projects that
are slightly more involved (or less glamorous) then volunteers are
willing/able to provide.  All code derived from such funding will *always*
be rolled back into the PostgreSQL cvs repository for everyone to use.

We are also looking at various trade journals to advertise, and,
eventually, want to be able to be able to setup booths at various
conferences...even do a BOF at Usenix...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org