Re: [HACKERS] Re: IRC, webcam, IM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: IRC, webcam, IM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Let me add one more thing.  I typically did not use IRC because it was a
> > pain to check the window every so often to see if anything was
> > happening, and I often forgot to even start it up.
> > I am now using zircon for IRC and tik for AOL/IM.  Both programs can be
> > minimized on startup of netscape, so if nothing happens, I don't even
> > see they are running.
>
> I found and built zircon-1.18; what version are you running? I see
> scrappy on there but not yourself. Can you remind me which IRC server
> you had recommended in the past?

I am on irc.ais.net, but that shouldn't matter.  All sites should see
each other.

I am on the same one as Marc, and am on now.  I am not on all the time
like Scrappy, because I have a dialup connection to the Internet, and I
am not at my computer all the time, so why have zircon/netscape running.
When I am on, you will see me.  I am sure we will run into each other
in the next day or so.

> btw, zircon looks pretty neat.

I thought so.  No checking to see if someone said something, and each
group is in its own window.  Nice.

Pennsylvania19026