Re: [HACKERS] still getting FATAL errors on btree's... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] still getting FATAL errors on btree's...
Date
Re: [HACKERS] still getting FATAL errors on btree's...
List pgsql-hackers

> I'm still getting the following BTP_CHAIN errors on my btree index.  Funny
> thing is that its the *same* index each time, and this is after dropping
> and rebulding it...
>
> ...where next to investigate?  Recommendations?  IMHO, this is critical
> enough to hold off a v6.3.2 release :(

Obiously there is something strange going on, or many more people would
be seeing it.  The question is what.

Could it be the data?  Concentrate on that table, load only half, and
see if it happens.  Try loading first half of the file twice, to the
file is the same size, but the data is only from the first half.  Try it
with the second half too.  Does the problem change.  If so, there is
something in the data that is causing the problem.

Is it something that we can repeat?  Can you put it on the ftp server
with a script so others can check it?  If you load just that table into
an empty database, does the problem still occur?