Re: "as quickly as possible" (was: remove spurious CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY wait) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "as quickly as possible" (was: remove spurious CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY wait)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Your version has the advantage that errstart() doesn't get a new
> function call.  I'm +1 for going with that ... we could avoid the
> duplicate code with some additional contortions but this changes so
> rarely that it's probably not worth the trouble.

I was considering adding that factorization, but marking the function
inline to avoid adding overhead.  Most of elog.c predates our use of
inline, so it wasn't considered when this code was written.