Re: "as quickly as possible" (was: remove spurious CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY wait) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: "as quickly as possible" (was: remove spurious CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY wait)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Nov-23, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On 2020-Nov-23, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Here's a draft patch.
>
> Here's another of my own.  Outside of elog.c it seems identical.

Your version has the advantage that errstart() doesn't get a new
function call.  I'm +1 for going with that ... we could avoid the
duplicate code with some additional contortions but this changes so
rarely that it's probably not worth the trouble.