Re: row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8160 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8160
Date
List pgsql-admin
Mario De Frutos Dieguez <mariodefrutos@gmail.com> writes:
> I've found this error message and it's driving me crazy.

> I have a table with 790 numeric columns, I'm trying to make an INSERT INTO
> x SELECT... and in the same column/s I'm getting this message.

You can either rethink your data representation (maybe you could put a
bunch of those values into an array?) or recompile/re-initdb with a
larger value of BLCKSZ.  I'd favor the former --- 790 columns is too many.

            regards, tom lane