row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8160 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Mario De Frutos Dieguez
Subject row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8160
Date
Re: row is too big: size 8168, maximum size 8160  (ramsiddu007 <ramsiddu007@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello every one!

I've found this error message and it's driving me crazy.

I have a table with 790 numeric columns, I'm trying to make an INSERT INTO x SELECT... and in the same column/s I'm getting this message.

I've tried everything VACUUM FULL, Batch the insert with updates...but nothing always the same error.

THe BLCKSZ is set to 8Kb here: https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/include/pg_config.h.in#L36 but I'm suspecting that this or corrupted data or something I'm missing.

I've also read about TOAST-able and so on and I haven't messed with storage properties. The data into that columns aren't big numbers (maybe having many decimal counts)

Any clues? help?

Thank you