Re: Re: [SQL] possible row locking bug in 7.0.3 & 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [SQL] possible row locking bug in 7.0.3 & 7.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Just looked in heapam.c - I can fix it in two hours.
> The question is - should we do this now?

This scares the hell out of me.

I do NOT think we should be making quick-hack changes in fundamental
system semantics at this point of the release cycle.

The problem went unnoticed for two full release cycles --- therefore,
it can wait another cycle for a fix that has been considered, reviewed,
and tested.  Let's not risk making things worse by releasing a new
behavior we might find out is also wrong.