Re: Clear out the reminants of EXTEND INDEX - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Clear out the reminants of EXTEND INDEX
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I always rip that stuff out. We do an initdb for every release.  What
> could break by renumbering those nodes?

Actually, since we don't store node type numbers on disk (just symbolic
names), there's probably nothing that could break as long as people do a
full recompile when they update.  It's no worse than changing the fields
of a widely-used struct, I suppose.  I was just being paranoid.

If you want to apply the patch as-is then you might as well remove all
the "XXX"'d items in nodes.h...

            regards, tom lane