Re: Problem while OS-Update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem while OS-Update
Date
List pgsql-general
Heiko Pohl <Heiko.Pohl@VR-Web.de> writes:
> upgrading my OS from RedHat 8.0 to FC2, postgresql was also
> automatically updated from 7.2. to 7.4. Unfortunately, I did not
> "dumpall"... How can I get my data??? I copied the data-folder to
> another location and so got running the new postgresql-server. I tried
> to install the old 7.2.4.tar.gz in a new folder, but it don't go further
> than ./configure. gmake gives the following lines at the end: (second
> time tiping gmake)

> commands/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x420a): In function `DoCopy':
> : undefined reference to `errno'

You need to add "#include <errno.h>" near the top of
src/backend/commands/copy.c, as per this patch:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/commands/copy.c.diff?r1=1.145.2.1&r2=1.145.2.2

    * src/backend/commands/copy.c (REL7_2_STABLE): Add #include
    <errno.h> per recent reports that it's now necessary on RHL 9.
    (Not clear why it didn't break long before, actually...)

We never put out a 7.2.5, so the change didn't see the light of day
in that branch ...

            regards, tom lane