Re: Errors during recovery of a postgres. Need some help understanding them... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Errors during recovery of a postgres. Need some help understanding them...
Date
List pgsql-general
"Dhaval Shah" <dhaval.shah.m@gmail.com> writes:
> The question I have is, how far does it look behind in time?

I think you only need to hang onto the immediately preceding file;
it only backs up to the last applied WAL record, and that's certainly
not going to span multiple segment files.  The attempt to back up to the
last checkpoint isn't going to happen if you keep it from crashing at
the REDO DONE point.

            regards, tom lane