Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Re: Using Postgres as an alias
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello Bruce

I really unlike this game about change the name. If you get 100%
support then situation is simple, but you hasn't it. I use PostgreSQL,
Postgres and I doesn't any strong benefit with change of name.
Devrim's argument about renaming all packages is really strong for me.

I agree so official documentation have to use only name PostgreSQL. Is
technical documentation not articles. And again I don't see any
benefit. Currently Postgres is well know synonym for PostgreSQL and
there isn't necessary push it into documentation. Please stop it.

Regards

Pavel Stehule