Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Currently Postgres is well know synonym for PostgreSQL and
> there isn't necessary push it into documentation. Please stop it.

Postgres may be reasonably well known synonym for readers
on these mailinglists.

But to the rest of the world - including those people who just
read the postgreSQL web site and documentation, I think
postgre is a far more frequently assumed synonym.

This documentation proposal of Bruce's is the first time
I see anything visible that might give people hints that
Postgres is preferred over Postgre.