Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Feb 20, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> There is also the "must fix" issue with pg_regress.
>
> Why?  My pg_regress runs just fine.  If you are talking about 3rd party
> modules, I suggested conditional Makefile rules.

Because you can either make the simple change to pg_regress that David Fetter sent yesterday and have things continue
towork, or you can break a slew of third-party module test suites (and possibly modules, as well) and make a lot of
otherpeople do a lot more work, not to mention email -hackers and ask WTF happened because they may well not know.

I think that not changing pg_regress is more work for third-party module maintainers *and* more work for the Pg
communitywhen those maintainers come asking what happened and for advice on how to fix it.

Best,

David