Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >> There is also the "must fix" issue with pg_regress.
> >
> > Why?  My pg_regress runs just fine.  If you are talking about 3rd party
> > modules, I suggested conditional Makefile rules.
>
> Because you can either make the simple change to pg_regress that
> David Fetter sent yesterday and have things continue to work,
> or you can break a slew of third-party module test suites (and
> possibly modules, as well) and make a lot of other people do a
> lot more work, not to mention email -hackers and ask WTF happened
> because they may well not know.
>
> I think that not changing pg_regress is more work for third-party
> module maintainers *and* more work for the Pg community when
> those maintainers come asking what happened and for advice on
> how to fix it.

Well, I was asking why you labeled it "must fix" rather than "should
fix".  I am fine with the pg_regress.c change.

-- Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://enterprisedb.comPG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do + If your life is a hard
drive,Christ can be your backup. +