Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> >> This discussion is sounding very design-ish, which makes me think we
> >> should just leave things unchanged for 9.0 and have external regression
> >> test designers work around this problem in their Makefiles, as Alvaro
> >> suggested.
> >
> > I would have said that some time ago, except that I think we have a
> > "must fix" issue here: isn't pg_upgrade broken for any database
> > containing plpgsql?  A decent solution for that probably will allow
> > something to fall out for the regression test problem too.
>
> There is also the "must fix" issue with pg_regress.

Why?  My pg_regress runs just fine.  If you are talking about 3rd party
modules, I suggested conditional Makefile rules.

http://enterprisedb.comPG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do + If your life is a hard
drive,Christ can be your backup. +