Re: [HACKERS] Timeline ID in backup_label file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Timeline ID in backup_label file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Michael,

Find my review below.

On 10/26/17 2:03 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. Attached is a patch to achieve so, I have
> added as well a STOP TIMELINE field in the backup history file. Note
> that START TIMELINE gets automatically into the backup history file.
> Added a CF entry as well.
+    TimeLineID    tli1, tli2;

I'm not that excited about these names but don't have any better ideas.

+    if (fscanf(lfp, "START TIMELINE: %u\n", &tli2) == 1)

This didn't work when I tested it (I had intentionally munged the "START
TIMELINE" to produce an error).  The problem is the "START TIME" and
"LABEL" lines which are not being read.  I added a few fgets() calls and
it worked.

Thanks!
--
-David