Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy
Date
List pgsql-sql
Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@Chaos1.DE> writes:
>> Am 28.04.2019 um 19:02 schrieb Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>>:
>>> Hard to tell when you haven't provided a complete example.

>> This is my test case with constant string:
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION syslog.new_event_action() RETURNS trigger
>> LANGUAGE plpgsql
>> AS $$
>> BEGIN
>> RAISE WARNING 'syslog.new_event_action() called.';
>> PERFORM pg_notify('INSERTED', '');
>> RETURN NEW;
>> END
>> $$;
>>
>> The warning is being logged.
>>
>> In psql session 1, I run a LISTEN INSERTED;

If you're typing it exactly like that, you have a case-folding problem.
Try
    LISTEN "INSERTED";
instead, or make the pg_notify argument lower-case.

However, that doesn't seem like it would explain your original problem,
since that didn't involve upper-case letters.

            regards, tom lane