Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Axel Rau
Subject Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy
Date
List pgsql-sql

Am 28.04.2019 um 19:30 schrieb Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@Chaos1.DE>:

Am 28.04.2019 um 19:02 schrieb Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

Hard to tell when you haven't provided a complete example.
This is my test case with constant string:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION syslog.new_event_action() RETURNS trigger
    LANGUAGE plpgsql
    AS $$
    BEGIN
        RAISE WARNING 'syslog.new_event_action() called.';
        PERFORM pg_notify('INSERTED', '');
        RETURN NEW;
    END
$$;

The warning is being logged.

In psql session 1, I run a LISTEN INSERTED;
In psql session 2, I run my INSERT (getting one row inserted)
In psql session 1, I run SELECT now(); do not get asyncronous notification.

More details:

pg_catalog in not in search_path.

I just  tried the same test on another instance (DB fresh created): Same result.

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius