[RESOLVED] Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Axel Rau
Subject [RESOLVED] Re: Restrictions of channel arg of pg_notofy
Date
List pgsql-sql

Am 28.04.2019 um 20:23 schrieb Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> If you're typing it exactly like that, you have a case-folding problem.
> Try
>     LISTEN "INSERTED";
> instead, or make the pg_notify argument lower-case.
Oh, I see. The constant string case now works if both LISTEN and pg_notify args are lower case.
This was an important hint.

> However, that doesn't seem like it would explain your original problem,
> since that didn't involve upper-case letters.
The original problem could also be resolved by ensuring same case and listen for currect facility. (-;

Thanks for your patience,
Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius