[GENERAL] starting PG command line options vs postgresql.con - Mailing list pgsql-general

From rakeshkumar464
Subject [GENERAL] starting PG command line options vs postgresql.con
Date
Re: [GENERAL] starting PG command line options vs postgresql.con
List pgsql-general
I am new to Docker env and I see that PG, as a container is started with
parameters like this:
docker run -it \
--detach \
--name name \
--restart=unless-stopped \
-p 5432:5432 \

-e PGDATA=/var/lib/postgresql/data/pg10
-N 500 \
-B 3GB \
-S 6291kB \
-c listen_addresses=* \
-c effective_cache_size=9GB \
-c maintenance_work_mem=768MB \
-c min_wal_size=2GB \
-c max_wal_size=4GB \

I would prefer using postgresql.conf.  what is the consensus in this forum
regarding command line vs postgresql.conf.  Also if conflicting, which one
takes priority.

thanks

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html