Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sribeiro
Subject Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map
Date
List pgsql-sql
1) yes, I have a fresh install from yesterday in the /usr/local/var/postgres
directory. Yesterday there was no server.log in that directory, but today I
have a server.log in that directory. There's only one timestamp:
/LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-12-02 16:33:52 EST
LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections/

2) Yes, but only one server.log file with many entries/timestamps that
includes the timestamp mentioned previously.

3) Here is the path to the directory where the older server.log resides -
/Users/Serge/Desktop/postgres

4) Both installs have the pg_filenode.map inside the global directory, but
when I ran the commands from yesterday, I kept getting the error message:
/psql: FATAL:  could not open relation mapping file
"global/pg_filenode.map": No such file or directory /