Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 12/03/2015 08:33 AM, Sribeiro wrote:
> 1) yes, I have a fresh install from yesterday in the /usr/local/var/postgres
> directory. Yesterday there was no server.log in that directory, but today I
> have a server.log in that directory. There's only one timestamp:
> /LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-12-02 16:33:52 EST
> LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
> LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
> LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections/
>
> 2) Yes, but only one server.log file with many entries/timestamps that
> includes the timestamp mentioned previously.
>
> 3) Here is the path to the directory where the older server.log resides -
> /Users/Serge/Desktop/postgres
>
> 4) Both installs have the pg_filenode.map inside the global directory, but

How can that be?
From previous posts:
"

Dec 02, 2015; 1:06pm Sribeiro Sribeiro
This is what that directory looks like - http://postimg.org/image/olhb2zra9/

I can't find anywhere on my system (doing a search) the .map file.

Thank you for clarifying the importance of that file.
Since I didn't have any important information on it, can I start from
scratch, and thus creating a new .map file?

Sergio

Dec 02, 2015; 1:44pm Sribeiro Sribeiro
This post was updated on Dec 02, 2015; 1:45pm.
Hi Adrian,

So, i made sure to copy the postgres directory then deleted the main one
as to not conflict with a fresh install.

Once I got to the section in the instructions I used that says to run
the - rake db:create:all
I get the following error:
rake db:create:all
FATAL:  could not open relation mapping file "global/pg_filenode.map":
No such file or directory

BUT, if I look in the newest postgres/global directory, the
pg_filenode.map is in there.

Any thoughts

Sergio
"

Are you sure /Users/Serge/Desktop/postgres is not a link to somewhere?

> when I ran the commands from yesterday, I kept getting the error message:
> /psql: FATAL:  could not open relation mapping file
> "global/pg_filenode.map": No such file or directory /

Have you tried stopping Postgres and then restarting it?