Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Re: ERROR while creating new user - could not open relation mapping file global/pg_filenode.map
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 12/03/2015 05:00 AM, Sribeiro wrote:
> The time stamp says it was created on Nov 23, and last modified on Dec 1.
> It's inside the copy of the old postgres folder on my desktop.

My suspicion is you have crossed wires here, two Postgres clusters and
confusion about which one is the actual 'live' one. A vague answer, but
maybe a starting point for figuring out what is going on.

To reprise:

1) You have a fresh install at /usr/local/var/postgres. At that location
you have no server.log, correct?

2) You have the old install on your Desktop and it has many server.logs,
including the one timestamped above.

The Desktop does not exist outside the file system, so can you find the
actual path to this install?

Also, I am guessing this install is the one without the pg_filenode.map
in $PGDATA/global, correct?