Re: Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject Re: Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi there!

Le samedi 31 octobre 2015 à 09:57 +0100, Michael Meskes a écrit :
> But I have, see above. Just to make it clear again, there is no certification
> for PostgreSQL and PostgreSQL only with no company attached to it. It'd be
> great to have something that independent from those commercial interests.

I completely agree with Michael. And as Damien, among others wrote here,
lots of folks working for a PostgreSQL company would be very happy to
work on this community certification. And their bosses to, exactly like
we're all happy working on PostgreSQL itself or on PostgreSQL tools.

A community-driven certification for PostgreSQL itself would also lower
the work do to *and maintain* (1 major version per year, huh..) for all
company-driven certification: I think those companies would only
maintain special modules where their content differs from the community
one ?

So to me, the real interest of us *all* is having a community
certification, and this is has *also* a real commercial interest for
PostgreSQL companies.

Speaking as the Dalibo's CEO, I'd be glad our company invest time on
this project :-)

Cheers,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo